Senior Backend Software Engineer
Software Engineers at Allure Security work collaboratively across teams and actively contribute to product design and function. If you enjoy solving complex problems and building security technology for impact, this is the place for you. You’ll play a key role in rapid prototyping of product releases, testing feature requests, and supporting Product Management to deliver value to our customers. You’re someone who takes great pride in clean code and who understands how back-end support contributes to the bigger picture.
You’ll shine in this role if:
- You have the flexibility to change course when needed (we’re a start-up!)
- You are a self-motivated team player who thrives in an intellectually vibrant environment
- You are a fast learner with strong problem-solving and communication skills
- You have one or more of the following passions: drawn to tough engineering challenges; loves working with ‘big data’ and analytics to support security operations of large enterprises.
- Working with world-class computer scientists to create an entirely new security technology supported by a resilient and scalable back-end database system
- Working with Product Management to define the end-user’s workflow and back-end support
- Work alongside business and marketing staff to determine business requirements and rapidly translate them into final products
- Find creative solutions to business and technology challenges
- Work with automated build and unit testing platforms
YOU DEFINITELY HAVE:
- 2+ years of recent experience in hands-on software design and coding
- Strong OOP and software design ability; able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code with almost no down time
- MS in CS or equivalent experience or training
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms and their effect on performance
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of client/server architecture, multi threaded environments, Restful APIs.
- Experience improving the design of an existing product, as well as imagining a new one
- Solid understanding of programming principles and design patterns and are knowledgeable about programming languages, database design and web interfaces.
- Deep full-stack knowledge and experience especially with Spring, production quality MongoDB/MySQL applications, and WAR/Tomcat deployments on VMs.
- Amazing skills to organize code repos and adapting to new and changing technologies.
YOU IDEALLY ALSO HAVE:
- A history of working with large and varied datasets (visualizations of one or more of communications, cyber, financial, or physical data a plus, but not essential)
- Early start-up experience
- Security experience
Please send a brief cover letter that shares your core strengths, your interest in working for a security start-up, and shows that you’ve read our website. Please also include github or any examples of work that you want to share. Please include the cover letter and resume in ONE PDF file and email to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. At this time we can only respond to applicants authorized to work in the U.S.